It’s Day 6 of my Spring Cleanse! Time for a progress report.
- Feeling really awake in the morning, doesn’t take too long to clear away the fog.
- Seeing results in my body. My little waist is making a comeback! Hopefully, my thighs will be next.
- Totally sticking to the food plan. Eating a truck-load of dark, leafy greens. And loving it.
- Getting a lot done despite not taking in caffeine. Hallelujah! I’m caffeine independent!
- Skin looks great! Sometimes, a side effect of detoxing is acne, but that didn’t happen. Gotta love life’s ittle miracles.
- Really itching to have a burger. And bacon. There’s nothing like the smell of bacon in the morning. Especially when you can’t have it. Arrrrggghhhh!
- Would love a glass of wine. And a spread of cheese and crackers. Which brings me to…
- I miss dairy. (Cue tear.)
- Not a big fan of restrictions. But who is? Thankfully, my willpower is strong. Willpower has been on sabbatical for a while, so I’m glad it’s back.
- I’ve had a few passing headaches. Probably part of the detox. Need to increase my water intake. I’ve been drinking lots of green smoothies and herbal tea, but that’s not the same as pure water. The headaches are probably a polite reminder to start guzzling more of the good stuff.
- Couldn’t make it past Day 2 without going back to my regular deodorant. I’ve tried several times to use “all-natural” ones, different brands and types. Nope, they don’t work on my pits. I understand the risk with conventional deodorant is possible sickness down the road, but what kind of life will I be leading if I can’t get in close proximity of people? If I can smell myself, what must others be smelling?! Uh-uh. I’ll be using my good ol’ toxic deodorant until they come up with an equally effective non-toxic option.
Here are a few pictures of the foods and drinks I’ve been enjoying…
Brown rice with zucchini, onions, Bok choy, and sesame seeds. This small pic doesn’t do it justice. Click on it to see a close-up version…are you salivating yet?
Lots of legumes and grains. I’ll give you this recipe soon! It’s important to soak your beans and grains. Click here to find out why in an article I wrote.
I’ve been drinking 1 or 2 of these bad boys a day. Easy way to get in your fruits and veggies!
And of course, lots of water! I love to slice up lemons and limes and drop them into a carafe of water. It’s visually pleasing and adds tons of flavor. I keep filling the carafe up with filtered water until all the flavor is gone. One thing to note is the limes will turn brown and weird while the lemons will still be going strong. I take all the fruit out, discard the limes, and squish the lemons back in for a bit.
If you’re not following the cleanse with me, do you think you could do it now that you’ve heard some of the great positive results?