Before you reach for another coffee or energy drink to keep you going, try one of these all-natural energy tips. They may not give you wings, but you’ll get enough of a lift to happily get on with your day. And you won’t get the jitters or miss any shuteye later from overdoing it on caffeine.
6 Easy Ways to Naturally Increase Your Energy Level
- Sniff some peppermint. Peppermint isn’t just for freshening up your breath. Inhaling the fragrance of peppermint oil increases mental concentration and alertness. A drop or two of peppermint on the tongue is another method of boosting clarity. But make sure your peppermint oil is from a trusted company that only uses 100% pure therapeutic grade, like Young Living Essential Oils.
- Take a stretch break. Loosening up stiff muscles can relieve discomfort, providing an immediate energy lift. Adding deep breathing while you stretch will send energizing oxygen to all the places you need it…like your brain!
- Giggle, guffaw, and LOL. Even the National Institute of Health agrees laughing boosts your mood. Laughing releases stress and tension, two major enemies of energy and well-being. So go ahead and watch that funny video on YouTube everyone’s raving about.
- Spritz some B12. As we get older, it’s more likely we’ll become deficient in vitamin B12. What’s so great about this vitamin? It supports feelings of well-being, mental alertness, concentration, and memory! Using a spray version makes it easy to get your B12 fix whenever you need it, and is the quickest method of absorption.
- Eat your kale. Dark leafy greens like chard, collards, and kale are the perfect foods to eat when you’re feeling low. These veggies are packed with nutrients that will give you a major lift and keep you there. Incorporating dark leafy greens in a smoothie is a sweet way to get your fill, such as in my post 2 Green Smoothies, 6 Ways to Enjoy Them. (Take a look at my Recipes section for more ideas.)
- Take a “good things” inventory. Pause for a minute to think about–or better yet, write down–all the good things going on in your life. Focusing on the positive will elevate your mind space to a happy place. And happy places are always more energetic, don’t you think?
Got an energy-boosting tip that works for you?
Let us know in the comments section below!